This Month Recommendation

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ishta Devata

I came across these words while reading through a book about meditation. It sounds beautiful to me when I read it. 'Ishta Devata' means personal god. What a wonderful words that sounds good.

Last week I wrote an email to my yoga teacher, asking her whether is there any chanting classes going to be organized by her yoga center. I was also raised up some questions about mantra & meditation. The reason why is because I feel an urge to start something on it last couple of days ago. That's the reason. Then she replied back to me, saying that not many people are ready for such classes and she will keep it for future planning. She asked me if is there any god that appeals to me, such as buddha or hindu deities. Well so far I have heard of the mantra for Lord Shiva "Om Namah Shivaya", so I replied to her that I have heard of that mantra before. And guess what, she told me that my guardian planet is Saturn and Lord Shiva is my deity. Well, it's never a coincident at all, as I pointed out in my previous post. It's destined to be that way I believe.

My yoga teacher advised me that not to start right away from that mantra, but instead start with the "Mrityunjaya Mantra" first. She is willing to spend a sunday morning with me, to teach me how to start it. It's never be a co-incident but I am the one that request for it through my sending of the right energy field to her. And I know she received my request energy. Thanks for everything that bestow on me and I know it's going to be a very interesting and enjoyable spiritual journey ahead !

Namaste !

Powered by ScribeFire.


No comments:

Post a Comment