This Month Recommendation

Monday, April 6, 2009

Starting Up With A New Journey...

I signup for a sounds meditation course last week right after attending the introductory session, given by the center founder, Beth. It was a very useful intro session to me. As I started to understand why meditation is such an important way to fulfil our life purpose. Meditation helps us in the areas as below as highlighted by Beth :

- helps us to understand more about ourself
- improve our health conditions
- increase our awareness
- increase our stress barrier

I am particularly attracted by the 1st & last point. Beth commented that in order to cope with the environment happenings, one's must understand him/herself first. With that in mind, only you can face the world bravely. Thus I do believe meditation will helps me to understand more about myself. It is similar to a case where you must understand your ship features, specification and behaviour of it then only you know how to cruise with it. Same as human's mind. I guess my weakest part previously will be my emotional one. One of the example given by Beth is our mind just like a big ocean, with strong waves and lighter waves going through it. When strong waves move in the ocean, nothing can be seen clearly underneath. But when the waves stopped, the surface become clear and everything underneath can be seen clearly. That's where the meditation come to calm the strong waves.

The strong waves is resemble our mind's thoughts, which constantly move in and out in our mind. I have had an experience before, which caused almost a destruction to me due to one single thought that keep roaming in my mind. The worst that I have ever had & I promised to myself that I will never done that gain to myself. That's the reason why I was attracted to meditation and start looking for it.

A strong wave is destructive enough to destroy the whole 'SHIP' ! Ship here can means a person, a country or even the whole world.

Meditation helps to increase our stress barrier as well. A stronger castle frontier means higher resistance to enemy's attack. Same as our resistance to stress, if you spend time to build stress resist frontier, then our ability to cope with stress will increase. Meditation helps to increase our resistance to stress.

I have tried few meditation techniques before and sounds meditation is a new for me.

I believe meditation will help me in finding out my purpose of life with the right guidance from the guru. I know I should keep the cup quarterly full first as there are more waiting for me to explore and discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment