This Month Recommendation

Friday, April 10, 2009

I Saw My Own Fear ...


Without expecting it, i encoutered with my own fear yesterday. It happended when I do a 20 minutes meditation after the class, based on my teacher's instruction. As usual I sat down in lotus pose, with straight back, relax tummy, I closed my eyes. After the teacher repeated the 7 sounds, slowly I settled down to the meditation. Not many thoughts came out during that time, only minor one, the sounds getting softer but I still focus on whatever sounds that appeared. After about 17 minutes, suddenly a feelings of fear came out from nowhere. Even with my eyes closed, I felt like something is watching me in front and tried to force me to open my eyes. I really felt scared that time, it was like I am threatened by some kind of monster sitting right in front of me, waiting to eat me. My heart pound heavily and I felt desperated & wanted to open my eyes.

But then i remember my teacher said focus on the sounds on whatever thoughts come, including the fear feeling. After a while, my teacher rang the bell to indicate the end of the session. The fear feeling slowly subsided and I opened my eyes slowly. That's the experience I have with my own fear in my mind.

I learned that whatever thoughts that appeared in our mind during meditation, will be cleansed from our body when you finished the session. I believe I have cleansed away the fear in my heart and mind. I know
it works for me. Glad that I was not eaten by the devil monster that appeared.

Namaste !

(1 Day after completed meditation class. I am still maintaining 20 minutes morning & night meditation session.)

No comments:

Post a Comment