This Month Recommendation

Friday, July 17, 2009

The Matrix In The Real World


That night after my yoga class, I sat down with my yoga teacher and we have a great chat about spiritual topics. She mentioned to me about those green symbol pattern appeared on the beginning of "The Matrix" movie. It was half kana characters based on the wikipedia explanation. They are downward-flowing green characters. This code includes mirror images of half-width kana characters and Western Latin letters and numerals. Very impressive to me as i still can recall back that scene with these symbols.

The story it's about the machine world versus awaken human race. The machine world has conquered the human world and using human as its main source of energy power through their brain waves. The machine has created a virtual world in order to keep the human brain active. Well the part that attracts me is Neo character, an awaken human in the machine world. Neo awaken from the virtual world that the machine have created. And he is identified as 'The One' who shall save the human race from the machine manipulation. An awaken human in the machine world.

I saw a similarity between the machine world versus human race and our real world versus spiritual world. The difference is that the machine world is a dark forces to the human race, but the spiritual world is the brightness that shine through our real world. It's kind of drastic comparison. Neo has been awakened from the machine world and he tried desperately to save others via the virtual world. But is this suppose to be ? Why he want to awaken and save others ? Maybe he has been destined to be a human kept inside a tube by the machine.

Well, awaken not neccesary means that you have achieve something great and you are done with your life. My yoga teacher reminded me that night. She said "Each one of us has our own purpose here in this world. Just enjoy whatever has been revealed and given to you in this world. Stay firm and be fearless and you shall find your own purpose and know what you need to do. Accumulate your power inside and wait for the right time to come. You should be able to achieve what you want in future."

Now i only realized what she mean in these words this morning. I shall enjoy whatever I have now and blessed with and learn how to live at now, rather than think of future.

I missed The Matrix movie story very much. Plan to watch the 3 series of the movie tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I have written this about 'The Matrix' 2 years back and now when I think back. I guess Neo's awakening did serve a meaning here, contradict to my thoughts that time.

    Neo's has his own life purpose in the movie. I only realized it after watching the ending chapter of 'Matrix Revolution" recently.

    Neo's purpose is to save the human race from the destroy of the machine world. This sounds more make sense right ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all, it is the same thing as human in this world where each own of us has his/her own purpose in this life. You just have to find out what it is, like what Neo went through with the help of his spiritual leader, Morpheus; Oracle, Trinity. All of them just serve as guru for your life. And at the end of the road, with all the wisdom you have gathered from these gurus, then only you will know your purpose, just like what New did at the end of the story.

    Thanks for the enlightnment given to me. And no matter what the future holds to me, I know my gurus will always appear in front of me at the right moment. Believe it....

    ReplyDelete