This Month Recommendation

Friday, July 3, 2009

Hanuman The Monkey God

"It was the greatest leap ever taken. The speed of Hanuman's jump
pulled blossoms and flowers into the air after him and they fell like
little stars on the waving treetops. The animals on the beach had never
seen such a thing; they cheered Hanuman, then the air burned from his
passage, and red clouds flamed over the sky . . ." (Ramayana, retold by
William Buck).


This pose then, in which the legs are split forward and back, mimics
Hanuman's famous leap from the southern tip of India to the island of
Sri Lanka.


(hah-new-mahn-AHS-anna)

Taken from yogajournal.com.

It was an great improvement for me when I managed to perform this pose, althought not 100% in the pose but at least 70% of it. I never thought that I can do this at all since my hips are quite tight. One thing I observed is that my hips is not symetry at all. My left hips seems more flexibile , compare to the right one. But I feel released and I am able to grab a feel of how it is like when in such a graceful pose. Definitely advancement will come and I shall be able to do it like the monkey god and wide split.

As coming back to my wheel bending, during my yoga session, I was able to perform the pose more easily after the gym ball practise. And it works for me by using the gym ball.

Namaste !

No comments:

Post a Comment