This Month Recommendation

Monday, June 29, 2009

The Art Of Bending...


I remember I have posted an article before, where I mentioned about wheel pose. My yoga teacher has made some comment on my tummy that it is too tight. In yoga, sometimes muscle strength not necessary will help you getting into the poses but the softness of your body will.

I finally found out what is the difference between these two when I am in wheel pose. I use a gym ball to help me to understand how's the tummy works when it is bend. So I tried to sit down on the ball and roll it towards my thigh and bend to the back by laying down my head and back on the ball. My head just hang there looking upside down. Then I try to feel the tummy with my hands. It's flat and soft and I can breath softly and properly. Well, it's feel no tension at all at the tummy/waist part. The muscle just seems relax and soft like a pillow. That's how I realized it. You are suppose to maintain the same softness in the wheel pose as well. So I tried to remember how's my pelvis movement and position, then apply the same bending 'feel' when I am in wheel pose. The result is amazing ! I don't any tighness on the hands or legs at all. And I just feel much easier to lift up and bend my body compare to before. I would called it as effortless bending.

In fact all the yoga poses are performed in an effortless mean, directly from your soul but not the body.

The key is the softness of your belly/tummy but not the strengthness of the muscle mass.

In yoga I guess self discovery and realization is truely very important in order to help yourself to grow and improve.
And I guess I am just too lucky to be borned with this nature.

Namaste !




No comments:

Post a Comment