This Month Recommendation

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Inspiration Or Desperation

It was an ordinary day and I was fascinated by the sunset view from the yoga center window. I believed that's one of the reason why the center is located here, right on top of a hill with a window looking out to the vast sky. I like this place much. That day I sat down with my meditation teacher and shared out an experience with her, someting that totally change my life and opened a new chapter for me.

After the sharing, she told me that basically there are 2 ways that prompt human to breakthrough of current state and look beyond , inspiration or desperation. Both brings a totally contrast meaning.

Inspiration is a positive energy that push someone to look beyond for something new or breakthrough.

Whereas desperation is a negative energy that drive someone to look for a breakthrough too, but in a much rather painful way compare to previous one. It's the hopelessness that drive me to look for a way to change my life, because it caused too much suffering to myself. I guess it's human instinct to survive, when life hits a bottleneck.

Yesterday night during the class, my yoga teacher introduced a new word to us 'Samsara', taken from buddhism context. It means chasing the tails without stopping. It is just like a cat is trying to chase its own tail, running in a circle but he will never get it. Same as my previous experience, I am going round and round in a circle with my own thoughts. Without my awareness, I am chasing my own tails in a circle.
Then when something bad happened, suddenly I was awakened from this chasing game.

Meditation can help us to break out of this chasing game. It helps us to open up again those neuron connection which have never been used or being neglected due to our routine habits or way of thinking.

It helps to smooth out our 'Chi' in the body as well. Our body 'Chi' flow just like a flowing river. If the river is fulll of unwanted stuff like rubbish, oil stains, then the flow will not be smooth &wil get congested. Same goes to our 'Chi' flow in the body. All the pains that we suffered are caused by serious congestion in our 'Chi' flow. It's a symptom of blockage flow. So one's should not ignore the pain, but rather pay attention to it and find a way to clear this congestion.

Meditation will helps in this. I am still in the exploring stage on meditation. I hope one day I can be good enough in meditation and pass all the benefits & skill that i have learned to others as well. The world is filled with too much negative energy and the world need more positive energy to balance it back.

Namaste !

No comments:

Post a Comment