This Month Recommendation

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Happiest Tree

Last few week I have bought some yoga related books from acmamall.com. The books arrived while I was away to Bali island. So when I was back immediately I opened the parcel and I took out the books. One of it it's about kid yoga story - The Happiest Tree. When I took it out from the pack, my youngest saw it and he kept asking me to read for him. So I told him it will be the bedtime story.

So when it was bedtime, I read the story to him. The drawings in the book quite vibrant the color and it managed to attracted my son attention. He was playing with his toy, wandering around on the bed while I was reading it. So I try to change my voice tone in order to attact his attention. Kids are very sensitive to sound. Everytime when I changed my tone, he walked near to my and listen to it with full attention. But I didn't bother about him but keep on reading. I know he is listening though he is playing with his toy. Then it came to the last page of the book where the picture on the page showing few kids are sitting in lostus pose with hands on the knee, with eyes closed for meditation. So I was thinking why not I try this with my son as well.

So I showed him the page and saied to him 'Why not we try this ?'. Then I crossed my legs followed the picture on the book in lotus pose and put my hands on the knees. He came near to me, sat down and trying to cross his legs but he really don't know how. So I gave him a helping hand trying to move his legs and cross it. Then I put his hands on the knees. He was doing it without any resistant. I was amazed by this. I didn't push him at all but he is the one that want to try for it.

When I said close the eyes but he did't want it. That's fine for me.

After that we have some fun time together with yoga poses. In fact he is the one we leads the poses and it was funny. First he did the butterfly pose and keep flipping his hands in front of his chest. So I sang out 'Fly Fly Fly Butterfly' song while we moved our knees up and down. He enjoyed it very much and keep laughing. Then next I showed him sitted forward bend with both legs extended in front. I said raised up your hands up high, bend down and touch your toes. He was enjoying it too and we repeat if for few times.

It was really fun to see kids in yoga poses. It can be very fun and enjoyable if you know how to make it 'fun' & 'attractive' to the kids. Hope one day I am able to organize such classes to the kids and show to them yoga is fun to play with !



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment