This Month Recommendation

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Walking In The Dark

I came across this proverb :

If A Man Wishes To Be Sure of The Road He Treads On,
He Must Close His Eye And Walk In The Dark.
(Saint John of The Cross ,The Dark Knight Of The Soul)

It comes to the right time when I need it most.

By closing our eyes, usually we will feel sense of no direction or lost. Just imagine those unfortunate people with blind sight, how they manage to get through life ? They see and use their soul fully. Imagine you are lost in a dark forest, no moon light nor a firefly sight. Who do you trust and how you see your surrounding ? You will trust no one but only your inner voice or your instinct. That voice or instinct is exactly your soul. Your soul will speak up at that moment. He shall be able to lead you out of the dark forest. The soul is our only light into the darkness and he shall walk us through the darkness. Hence in order to find your soul, you have pass through darkness. That is the true meaning of this proverb.

In yoga, through asanas & meditation, we shall be able to find a path back to our very own soul. Only our very soul knows where are shall we heading to. I know I have found my inner voice quite some time ago and he is calling me from time to time, whispering to me and I am bedazzled by him too.

I wonder when I shall be able to take my first step and leap into the darkness in my life that shall lead me to the brightness.

I would like to tell my soul that I am waiting for that moment to come, where I can take a big leap and reach the sky for something meaningful in my life. But give me some time to do some cultivation and the seeding shall be able to bloom some day.

Namaste !



1 comment:

  1. It was such an inspirational writing. I wonder how I did it if without the meditation by my side ?

    ReplyDelete